Saturday 18 April 2015

SURVIVING THE EVACUATION: Book 2: Wasteland by Frank Tayell

4.5 out of 5 stars

Zombie apocalypse

On Amazon UK HERE
On Amazon.com HERE


Yes, the second of the series read in 24 hours, too!  In which Bill Wright's leg gets better enough for him to move around a bit, he travels south, meets people, abandons old plans, makes new ones, gets betrayed, discovered - oh, look, it's another page turner, right?  Put it like this - husband and I were watching a good film and he fell asleep; I very quietly turned the sound down to low and picked up my Kindle so I could read as much of this as possible before he woke up again....!

Bill and Kim's experience is a lot more terrifying than in other zombie apoc books I've read, or indeed The Walking Dead.  In Frank Tayell's books there are hardly any survivors and a hell of a lot more zombies; I notice that each person who writes these stories has a slightly different take on how the infection spreads.

We discover more in this part about Sholto and the Prometheus project - all good stuff.  I found the ending a little bizarre, and not quite in keeping with the realism of the rest of the book, which is why I have knocked half a star off an otherwise fab second episode.  And I've already bought the other three.

Book 1: London is reviewed HERE


Book 3: Family is reviewed HERE


Book 4: Unsafe Haven is reviewed HERE  




No comments:

Post a Comment